Friday, February 10, 2012

Harmony Gelish Mini Basix Kit

Well, I took the plunge and ordered the Harmony Gelish Mini Basix Kit from Amazon.com.  At a price of $32.95 with free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime, it was a great deal!  The kit sells for much more at Sally Beauty Supply.  I did order the Gelish Mini Pro LED Curing Light from Sally Beauty, I had a coupon, so it was $53.95 with the Beauty Club card($5), and I also ordered one nail color.  I ordered the beautiful color, Light Elegant, but Sally apparently decided I wanted WHITE instead.  Bad Sally, BAD!  Thankfully, I ordered Stand Out from Amazon, and it arrived on the same day as the rest of my supplies...well ahead of it's estimated delivery date.  

If you are debating on whether or not to order the Gelish Nail System, STOP debating now.  I am here to tell you that this system is AMAZING.  Granted I am on day 2 of my diy manicure, and things could change, I have to say I feel that this is going to have staying power.  The glossy, brilliant shine of the Top it off really amazes me.  I can't stop touching my nails and marveling at the gloss, the smooth feel, the amazingness that is Harmony Gelish.  

In the past, I have had a CND Shellac manicure professionally performed, and that was amazing.  The nail tech was wonderful, and the product as well, but I just love that I can do this myself, at home, and with myriad color choice, unlike Shellac.  I also love that the Gelish can be cured with LED as opposed to UV.
Application was a piece of cake.  First, I removed all traces of past product from my nails.  This would be the Nutra Nail Gel Perfect that I last reviewed.  Trust me when I say, gel perfect, it is not.  I then washed my hands well, and gently buffed my natural nail.  I applied the ph bond, which dehydrates the nail for better adhesion.  This is an important step, especially for people like me who have nails that are prone to resisting nail polish.  Next step, very thin coat of foundation.  I was shocked at the ease of getting a thin coat, I feared a gloppy mes, as was the case with the nutra nail.  This did not happen, I was able to get a nice thin coat.  Love the brushes Harmony uses.  I cured as directed, dry wiped the nail, and it was on to COLOR!!

Again, I feared a gloppy thick mess, but was pleasantly surprised to find the consistency of the color to be nice and thin, and the control of application was extraordinary. Cure, repeat with second coat.  WOW, how awesome.  A nice even application, gleaming beneath the lights!  Finally, it is time to use the top it off.  Nice thin coat is all you need with this stuff.  Cure it, wipe nails down with the Gelish Cleanser on a lint free pad, and voila...ALL DONE!!  The results will amaze you as they amaze me.  

Now, I can't wait to try more colors, and to try them out on my 7 year old!!  

Here is a crappy photo from my phone, I will take real pictures later, and I am sure there will be more to come!





2 comments:

  1. Great review! If I ever bother to take care of my nails, I would want to try this system. I'm loving the band-aid too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to have an excuse to wear kid band aids? Thanks Leenie!

    ReplyDelete