Friday, March 30, 2012

It's a Matte Matte Matte Matte World. Fun with Polish Swatch Wheel


 Well, I couldn't do it.  I just could not remove my beautiful Nerd Lacquer All of Time and Space after just one day.  I got some nail mail today that included some much anticipated polishes like Nail-Venturous Floam, but I just couldn't do it.  I also couldn't not polish something, so I swatched them on the wheel, and then decided to do some matte tests.  I put China Glaze Matte Magic over everything, just to see how it looked, and then reverted back to Poshe topcoat. 

So, here are the newbies.  Up top was Floam, with matte topcoat and then with glossy poshe.


Pretty & Polished Midnight Rider with matte finish.  Not a fan, love much more with shine!  It's not horrible, but I really think it needs the shine.  What do you think?


Pretty & Polished Carni, I LOVE this one in matte finish.  I love it even more shiny, but I do love it like this too.  Gives it a soft focus blurred look, and really makes it cool!


Pretty & Polished Forest Phire, I unfortunately got a mini of this.  Wish I had a full size!  I would have, but all that was available at the time was mini.  This looks awesome matteified!  It looks awesome shiny, it just looks awesome!  This was 3 coats over bare swatch.


Here is Forest Phire over Julep Charlotte and then matted.  I will not use this color combination on my nails, it just doesn't do anything for me, but gosh is that Forest Phire pretty!


 Here's Kays Polish in Catching Fire.  This is amazing in matte.  I think I like it better in matte than in glossy!  It just adds something to it like this.  Which do you prefer??

No reviews today, but I had to do something.  Was itching to polish something and I don't think Kitty Kitty would let me paint her nails!

To purchase the colors featured here today:
Nail-Venturous Etsy Store
Nail-Venturous on Ninja Polish
Pretty & Polished Etsy Store
Kays Polish available through wordpress blog!

Thanks for reading and following.  Remember, at 100 members we will be having a giveaway featuring Nail-Venturous Polish and Candeo Colors!  Plus more!

No comments:

Post a Comment