Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Burst of Blue, Perfect for me, and probably for you!


Well, this polish definitely fulfilled my need for a blue from Nail-Venturous!  I am sooo pleased with this polish.  The color is perfect!  It kind of reminds me of one of those enamel coated speckled blue cooking pans!  LOVE!  This mani as achieved by first, an Up in the Blue Gelish mani, then 2 coats of a no named LA Colors Blue that was a PERFECT match for it, and then I only needed ONE coat of Burst of Blue to have it looking amazing! 

This is a closely cropped pic of it on one of my nails.  I can't get over the way it just made the blue pop.  I topped with 2 coats Gelous and 1 coat Seche Vite, but probably could have gotten away with just 1 coat of Gelous.  Habit, I suppose!
Such a pretty blue!  Difficult to describe.  It is lighter than cobalt, darker than Robin's egg, I don't know what to call it...so I will call it MY perfect blue! It's a matte black and blue glitter with white hexes and white and holo bar glitters.  I love this mixture.  There also is some fine bar black glitter as well. 
This swatch pic shows 2 coats Burst of Blue with no base.  I think it could easily go on it's own in 3 coats!
Beautiful in the bottle, beautiful on the nail.  Seems to be a running theme with Nail-Venturous Lacquers!
Perfection!

Application on this polish was super easy.  There was a nice concentration of glitter in every stroke.  I didn't have to dig for big glitters, I didn't have to flip it upside down between nails, or even between coats.  It just is a great formula.  Went on smooth, glitter behaved really well, no peaks and valleys.  I wore it for 3 days, and I didn't have any chips, just some shrink back from the seche vite.  Why must it shrink?? 

I highly recommend this polish if you like blue, matte glitter, and awesome application!

Amy's NailVenturous nail polishes can be purchased in her Etsy Shop!  You can also pick up some of her shades at Ninja Polish.

One lucky winner will also win 2 Nailventurous polishes from my giveaway!  CLICK HERE!

1 comment:

  1. I love Bust of Blue, in fact I love almost all of nail-venturous polishes. I'm so excited that she will be re-opening soon. :)

    ReplyDelete