Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Indie Skittles Mani! Whimsical Ideas by Pam, Pretty & Polished, and Candeo

 So, I did a number of failed Easter Manis.  My polish decided to wrinkle, look boring, just blah looking.  So when my Whimsical Ideas by Pam came, I decided I MUST use all three.  Then for the remaining two nails, I used Pretty & Polished and Candeo Colors



 On my thumbs, I used Whimsical's I Believe in Fairies, index Whimiscal Butterfly Kisses, Middle Whimsical Seuss, ring Pretty&Polished Carni, and pinkie Candeo Jellybean.  My favorite finger is Butterfly Kisses!  Then Carni!
 I applied the Candeo Jellybean over Gap Daffodil again.  This time wasn't quite so bad since my pinkies are so small, it didn't cause too many problems.

Butterfly Kisses was applied over Julep Niecy.  Both of these polishes went on amazingly well.  I had no problems at all with Butterfly Kisses.  Glitter came out beautifully, and it was a great polish.

 Look at that bottle!  So cool, all that glitter!
 I Believe in Fairies was applied over Julep Charlotte.   I think a less dusky color would be better.  Maybe next time a royal blue?  I Believe in Fairies was easy to apply if you aren't trying to get that star glitter out.  I got two pieces in the 3 layers I did on each thumb.  I REALLY had to work at it.  It is super cute and I do love it, but I wish there were more stars in it so it would be easier to get at least 1 per nail without a hassle.  I happen to think it is worth it as is though.  If you don't like fighting for certain glitters, not sure you will love it as much.
 I used Julep Niecy under Pretty & Polished Carni as well.  It really doesn't need anything under it as a couple coats and you are at full coverage.  I love the random larger glitters in this polish!  It is one of my faves of ALL of my indies.  Right up there with Lacquistry Lake Placid on Acid.
 I used a light blue Julep under Seuss from Whimsical Ideas by Pam.  I love the color of Seuss, I think next time I will try to match the panties with the top lol.  It did nothing for it..and I really was unhappy with my choice, but had no time to fix it.  Seuss has very sparse amounts of glitter in it.  I love the fact that you get random pieces of red and white here and there..but I am a glitter girl, and I really wish it was a bit more loaded.  Who knows, since I love the way it looks, a more dense glitter concentration may have totally ruined the look...What do you think?

Whimsical Ideas by Pam can be found on her Facebook Page! Email her to order!
Pretty & Polished and Candeo both sell on Etsy! 

Another reminder of our 100 blog member giveaway!  There will be 2 Nail-Venturous polishes, 1 Lacquistry, 1 Candeo, 1 Fingerpaints Flakey as the prize!  All dream polishes!  So, get the word out and let's get the rest of the way there!  We are 27 away from the giveaway!!











2 comments:

  1. congrats! i nominated you for the verstile blogger award. check out the link: http://lacquerpamper.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute! About a month ago I discovered Whimsical Ideas by Pam. I fell head over heels in love with her polishes! I now have 2 more on the way! She is the best! I love your taste!

    ReplyDelete